Early last month and friend and I took our first stab at making our own wine. We both have our own grape arbors, and decided to finally put them to fully fermented use. Yosi was able to help pick the grapes, though she ate almost as many as she saved. She didn’t even laugh at me when I screamed like a girl after pulling a grape off the vine to discover a pissed-as-hell honeybee squirming between my fingers.
We got three full bottles out of the process, and are planning to uncork them at (hopefully) delight and (possible) disgust of our friends at a fall party in a few weeks. A small taste test after primary fermentation revealed our wine to be a bit tart, but we’re hoping it mellows a bit during secondary fermentation. Either way, we should be able to improve it next year.